Tuesday, July 4, 2017

4 July 2017 (Tuesday)

On this day in 1936:
Independence Day. Up at Hebert's. Played paper dolls in tent. Boy the eats. Shot fire works. Roasted weenies. The moon thru the trees & on the lake was pretty. 
Just heard the first firecracker at 7:23 PM.

Okay day I suppose. Slept well, but woke up at 4:30 which was fine except I'd gone to sleep later so it was like waking up at 4. Blehh. Still, better than what I had been doing.

We went to Burgermaster to eat and I had 6 slices of bacon. And a little hash browns (too dry) and a couple bits of french toast. Came home, actually took a short nap, mostly didn't do much most of the morning. I watered outside -- some of the viney things I've planted by the fence are in need of watering. I thought they'd all be established by now after the wet Spring but I guess not.

Drove up to Alderwood Mall so the Spousal Unit could look for some new clothes. Didn't buy anything m'self. Not very crowded, obviously. Once home, didn't do much either. I did a few minor chores. Laid outside in the sun for a while to try to minimize the ol' farmer tan I've got going. We're also having a fly infestation; don't know why, but Cascadia also had a bunch of flies for some reason. Maybe the weather was just conducive to a lot of flies? Anyway, we dealt with probably 30 so far today so we went UVil and got some fly rolls and a swatter. That place was quiet as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment