Monday, July 3, 2017

3 July 2017 (Monday)

On this day in 1936:
Got up early. Took music lesson. Made fudge and taffy. Made a paper doll. I'm all excited. Oh! Boy! Nuts! It's raining. 
Still can't tell if she's being sarcastic or not. I've never understood fudge. I don't really like it, but I don't get it anyway. Why make chocolate fudge? Just eat chocolate.

Mostly slept well, but woke up at a little before 4. Blehh. Rode to the gym. Workout was. . . . odd. I didn't feel all that energetic, but I seem to have done about the same weight/sets/reps as usual. Also odd because I was just working away and then looked at the clock and over an hour had already gone by. I did 27.5 lbs on the dumbbell overhead press, first time for that much. Mainly because I was rushed and wanted to make fewer sets count. Rode back via UVil to pick up bagels.

I went to Cascadia and did some archiving and then went up to the SuBAru dealer to order a new key. $300. Yes, that is not a typo. I think we are agreed that we will try not to lose any of those keys again. I was driving my Mustang and seriously thinking I might stick with old cars. Keys are cheap. Can't be hacked.

Anyway, I stopped by NGate to have lunch and then order shades, but I'd not measured the window and Emilie wasn't there yet, so I went home and measured the window and then went back. She's very nice. Older lady, probably 60s. Moved up recently from Arizona where she was an RN administrator.

I went to the UVil after that to get something for dinner and some beer and wine and sit in the SBux because my stomach really felt awful. Pleasant. Came home, blah blah blah. Walked. 

No comments:

Post a Comment