Friday, July 14, 2017

14 July 2017 (Friday)

On this day in 1936 (Tuesday):
Shrine Parade. So many people going. Couldn't get on 5 street [curo J & o] full. Rode clear out to 85th. Met Hebert's at parade. Ruth came home with us. Aunt Anne came over.
Difficult reading some of that.

Slept well again last night. Was on the floor at one point and I rolled over and heard someone close by starting to purr loudly but I didn't look to see who or where it was coming from. Workout went really well, very hard. Ride both ways was uneventful. I stayed home and worked, getting the one map done and done well. I installed my old copy of Corel Draw and managed a decent trace of the contour map. Only a few spots needed cleaning up. No swearing involved! I think Illustrator is easier to work with in most ways, but it can't do the auto-trace thing.

I took some stuff to the church and lit vigil lights for Mom and Shannon. The latter is scheduling surgery and is also having trouble with employer/insurance. She really doesn't need all that; she's had some tough going the last year or so, I hope things start going her way again.

Well, same thing with Mom, obviously, but that's a given.

Finished that up around 11:30 and went to McD's for lunch, then sat in the sun to lessen the farmer tan, and then met F at UVil. Had a nice visit. Then I got some tequila and margarita mix for the Spousal Unit. Went over somewhat better than the daiquiri. I tried straight tequila for the first time. Hmmmm. Not as bad as I'd thought. Still not something I'd drink straight up so therefore it remains inferior to bourbon. Well, what isn't?

Came home and started to drink my last bottle of beer from the last batch. This one was fine, unlike the last one from that batch (was flat and blehh). Walked.

Walking we looked in two Little Free Libraries and both had copies of some book called Moving Past Anxiety or something. WTF? I probably have it but I don't give a f*** anymore. As long as I can sleep at night, anxiety can kiss my ass. 

No comments:

Post a Comment