Thursday, July 13, 2017

13 July 2017 (Thursday)

On this day in 1936 (Monday):
Ruth came over. Went to parade. Big balloon people and animals. A lot of shriners & sailors here. Ruth and I walked around alone awhile. Read. 
I admit this has been kind of a sad day. Tried calling my Mom and she didn't answer. Sad because -- and I do feel bad about this -- I hardly ever called her in the past and when we did talk on the phone I never said much. I don't know why. But now that I want to talk to her I usually can't. So, sad.

Be that as it may, I slept well last night. Had a decent enough workout. Ride home wasn't as brutal as I had anticipated, since I'd just spent over an hour working on my legs. Went to Cascadia and worked on the mapping. I like making maps. I need to do it more often.

My favorite mechanical pencil also broke, darn it. I bought it in Egypt in 2003. Probably should have used it more, but I didn't want to lose it so I just used it at my desk at home. Really nice Staedtler.

Stayed there until about 11:30 and then went to Krisy Kreme to get donuts for the Spousal Unit's Krispy Kreme donut bread pudding. Then Spam's Club, then lunch at NGate. Came home, did some more mapping, sent it off, and then. . . .hmmmm. I went to UVil for some comestibles. Interestingly, I saw the same group of Asian people at the KK and also at the UVil. How weird.

Came home, practiced geetar and then made dinner. Walked at UVil again because we had to get some other things for the Spousal Unit for tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment