Monday, July 10, 2017

10 July 2017 (Monday)

On this day in 1936 (Friday):
Took music lesson. Ate. Went over to Ruth's. Played paper dolls. John (Herrick) a friend of Ruth's fell and got a big cut in head - Bad.
Hey how about that, I got a cut too! On my chin. More about that later.

Slept pretty okay last night. Woke up to Daisy puking at 4:40 so I cleaned that up (badly). Rode to the gym this morning, Stuart was there looking like something the cat dragged in. Decent workout although a short one because I had to come home and then go to Cascadia before going down to the site, by Boeing Field and Museum of Flight. Basically a large field with some wooded areas down by the river (Duwamish). They were using a track hoe to excavate 14' trenches and screening some of it and I was there to do some probes down by the river. All mucky and stuff and I managed three probes and describing a cut bank of a stream without falling in or doing a face plant in the mud. I bushwhacked through the brush to the first one and got down about 8 feet, and then next to the brush for the next two. Then I tried a fourth one by bushwhacking again, when I tried pushing a dead branch out of the way and it broke and snapped back and whacked my on the chin. I was angry and swore a lot. Then I noticed I was dripping blood. Went on my shirts, on my pants, all over. Wasn't too bad, really, but by the time I got home I had a bloody chin and it was all dripped down my neck. It kinda stopped but just kept starting again so I went to the urgent care place and the dude cleaned it up and glued it shut. Looked worse than it was. Can't shave for 5 days though so I'll look like a vagrant by the weekend.

Otherwise, pretty bland day. You know, the usual. 

No comments:

Post a Comment