Saturday, July 1, 2017

1 July 2017 (Saturday)

On this day in 1936:
Ruth came over. Made our own lunch. Played paper dolls. Went to ball game (baseball). Seattle Indians vs. Portland. Indiana -- 6 Beavers -- 2.  Kind [of manoles].
That last bit was written really tiny. Here's a little history of the Seattle Indians.

Today was kind of a lazy day. I slept well, all the way until 5. Made pancakes this morning and had the munchies all morning as well. I didn't do much. Changed the litter box. Mostly sat and watched TV. I just felt kind of lazy. Left at around 11:15 to go to NGate to check on solar shades prices at the Penney's up there -- we've had good luck with them -- and then went to see Wonder Woman. I thought it was quite good. The recent ones from DC Comics haven't appealed to me that much; too dar and serious and junk. This one was very delightful in places. It had more of a light-hearted and positive feel to it. Gal Gadot is a good choice for it. Some parts were silly -- like charging across No Man's Land to only a few rifles and one machine gun nest. Uhhhhh no. But I got the point. Still, I give it a thumbs up.

Spousal Unit had some intestinal issues afterwards so we just went home instead of ordering the shades. Walked. NASCAR race is on this evening.

Definitely dry-up-and-blow-away mood for the second day straight. But whatever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment