Saturday, June 3, 2017

3 June 2017 (Saturday)

On this day in 1936:
Had Quiz in Oakley's. Ladies Aid at our house. Listened to One Man's Family (swell). Uncle Nap came and Aunt Anna home. Saw Bob. 
Decent enough day I suppose. Went and woke up at 3:45, but stayed in the couch until 4:15. Meh. Went out for breakfast, I went different and had 4 bacons and two pancakes. Came home and started to work on the top of the basement steps. I was pretty patient (possibly a side effect of the drugs) and I think I did a decent job on it. Stained the two pieces this afternoon and will put on polyurethane tomorrow morning and then put them in place. Should look like it belongs there.

Took a decent nap afterwards. Needed. Then I did some more stuff and then we went to an estate sale where they had some beautiful nearly-new old woods (golf clubs). Really wanted to buy them, but I probably won't be playing golf ever again so why bother. Went to the BBQ place for lunch.

After we got home we decided to go up and visit Norma at Holyrood and brought along four of the flamingos:

I sent it to one of her daughters and she replied with "OMG. You are the sweetest people in the world." That felt nice to hear. I like making them happy.

On the way back we stopped at a DQ for ice cream.

Once home the Spousal Unit went to the TV room to attempt a nap, and I went and cleaned the floor of my room, including Swiffering it all. I really need to do that more often. Made dinner, just potatoes and cauliflower on the grill because I was still basically stuffed from lunch and ice cream.

Walked. Then I swept up the back patio because it seriously needed it.

Oh, for about a half hour this afternoon after cleaning my room I drank some Knob Creek and watched a bit of a movie. Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment