Sunday, May 7, 2017

7 May 2017 (Sunday)

On this day in 1936:
Started organization (I.-C.). Played "jacks" at noon. Had mastery test in arithmetic. Teachers meeting. Bob came over. 
Today was productive. I slept through the night, but woke up at 4:15. So, no Mass. Ate in, Spousal Unit managed to sleep in until almost 7. I took a short nap mid-morning. Then I went out and washed the Mustang and also vacuumed the Honder's carpet lining in the trunk (not really carpet) and laid it out in the back yard in the sun to hopefully de-smell it. That was about it for the morning. After lunch and shopping at the UVil, I put the carpet thing back in buy found several of the clips to hold it in were gone. Must get some more. But it went back in okay. Hopefully, this will be the last time it gets taken out.

Then I waxed the Mustang. Probably didn't need to, but I do at least once a year. That took quite a while because, well, I don't know why. I kept going in to watch the Nascar race; Talladega. The end was actually pretty neat. After that I did a few more piddly things around the house trying to stay busy. Made dinner, walked.

Nice sunny day out, around 61.

I'm slowly learning what real "self-sacrifice" entails. It's an awful lot of doing things you don't want to do. But it will be worth it. Nothing for me. Everything for everybody else. Period. 

No comments:

Post a Comment