Saturday, May 6, 2017

6 May 2017 (Saturday)

On this day in 1936:
Had pastry[sic] test in social science. Started Book "The Orcutt Girls". One Man's Family.
I guess today was pretty good. I slept through the night, all the way until 5. Ate breakfast in. Did various chores most of the morning including vacuuming the basement. I mostly like Norma's vacuum. I've never really had a new one, although as I was writing that I remembered I got one as a gift a few years ago. This ones nice though. Very powerful and quiet. And everything works. Sheila the squirrel popped by first thing.

I did end up taking a short nap, after I had made the ganache for the cheesecake:

Ate some this evening. Not too bad. The bottom crust is made from chopped up Mother's Animal Cookies and is much too sweet for my taste. The actual cheesecake part is pretty good though.

We got a dozen donuts for Anne's birthday and took them to her sho where the Spousal Unit got her hair cut. I went to the used CD/record store up the street and then to the U Bookstore but bought nothing. We had lunch at a new place called Caliburger. It was pretty Meh. I had "Cali Fries" which are fries covered with fried onions, cheese and basically thousand island dressing.

Went to the UVil for dinner and breakfast stuff and then home. I mowed the yard and then bleached the trunk of the Honder to try to get the mold out. I may clean the liner myself while it's out of the car.

Walked. 

No comments:

Post a Comment