Thursday, May 4, 2017

4 May 2017 (Thursday)

On this day in 1936:
Practiced. Read. Did schoolwork today. Still some hot hot. Annabelle & Shirley still mad. Listened to radio. 
Well, an okay day for a birthday (55) I guess. I slept fine last night, on the couch the whole time (except the hour or so in the bed). I did hit my target of 700 lbs (actually 703). Two sets of four, although they weren't the best reps. I think I went maybe 2/3 of the way down. But still, not too bad for an old man. Rest of the workout went well, too.

Came home and did some work and then went to the church to check to see if Margie was there. Wasn't, but I called her up and arranged to meet for lunch:


She is 96 years young. Was a friend of Norma's. Had a nice visit for like 45 minutes.

Before that I went to the Ace hardware and rented a hand truck and got some 3-prong outlets. When I got home I spent a little while installing the outlet (behind the washer) and then moved the washer and dryer back into place. That went well, although the dryer vent is still a pain to connect (and have it stay connected). All done before going to meet Margie at 11:30. I took the truck back right after that and after a short stop at home went to UVil. I got me free bday drink and sat around watching the people and reading the web. It was pleasant. Sunny and 78 but I was unable to sit outside. Then I went to QFC and got stuff for my cake -- kind of a fail, but more on that later -- and then got a bottle of bourbon. That's my bday present to myself Knob Creek 100 proof. Man, that stuff packs a kick. Very good though. I think I prefer it to Maker's Mark. It's a bit sweeter, I think.

Started making the cake, but then realized that I hadn't really read the recipe all the way through and it take like 2.5 hours to make and then it's supposed to be chilled for several hours. So, no cake tonight. Seems to have turned out well though.

Spousal Unit got me a set of garden shears. Needed. I quit using a weed whacker because it's a pain to keep maintained.

Anyway, I am entirely indifferent to this birthday stuff. Just really don't see any reason to celebrate. Which is fine with me. I'd just as soon forget about it.

Except for the 703 lbs. I'm pretty proud of that. I didn't tell too many people about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment