Monday, May 29, 2017

29 May 2017 (Monday, Memorial Day)

On this day in 1936:
8 days & 1 hr. got out at 2:27. Had fun in English. Memorial Assembly. Saw Lloyd & Bob. Neither saw me. Bumped into Lloydie[sic] & he did not see me. 
I guess they didn't have a holiday for it then? Or maybe they observed it tomorrow on the traditional date of May 30? (Peeking ahead at tomorrow, they do some sort of holiday thing, or at least she doesn't go to school. Well, I just checked and it's a Saturday tomorrow anyway).

Slept quite well last night, until 4:50. Spousal Unit managed to sleep in until almost 7 which was good for her. I made breakfast here. Around 8:30 I started brewing up a new batch of beer and it went well, took until 10:30. I'm getting much better at it and not as messy either. Hopefully it will turn out well.

Went for lunch up at Pagliacci's on Lake City Way and 15th. Came home and I went to the IMA, but not before seeing something in the bird bath out back and discovering that it was a mostly eaten little bird. Rotten crows. Workout was very good, even though there were a lot of people there. Another sort of 'angry' workout which is a Good Thing IMO. Came home and started the dinner process.

This evening we drove up to Calvary Cemetery for Memorial Day (four of the flamingos carried flags today) and thence to UVil to get supplies for me for tomorrow (soda and donuts, except they had no donuts out). Nice little walk around both. 

No comments:

Post a Comment