Friday, May 26, 2017

26 May 2017 (Friday)

On this day in 1936:
Boys[sic] it's hot. (Sultry) Gave puppet play. O.K. Both F.W.C. [DInn] & Brotherhood. Bob, Ruth & I watched Lightning Storm (pretty). Had fun played out (11:15)
Sultry. . . . .well, I guess it means hot. . . .

Backing up from yesterday: Went to Lopez Island. Trip went okay, Jessie is okay. Ride up was uneventful. Survey was pretty uneventful. My first probe was in a mucky area, although it turned out much of the area I was in was all mounded up so it wasn't super wet. The rest of the probes were pretty simple and relatively easy digging. Found nothing except a kiddy bike buried in grass.

We went to Watmaugh Bay after we were done. I tried to navigate there on my own but the stupid cell phone maps weren't coming up so we asked a couple people for directions. Turned out the little road down to it was semi-blocked by some downed trees, but I decided to go for it anyway. Ended up scratching up the side of the SuBAru some. Looked bacd out there but today I went over it with some cleaner wax and most came out fine. Should probably use some other junk and (finally) use the power buffer I've had for years. Trip back was uneventful as well. Thought the Spousal Unit would be mad about the scratching, but wasn't.

Here's a couple photos of Watmaugh:


That's me.

Today I rode my bike to the gym. Had a pretty good workout. As you can see by the photo, I've been able to do some work on my chest finally, which I hadn't been able to do for a number of years. My shoulder exercises are finally allowing me to do that.

I did a little work at home and then brought the gear back to Cascadia and did a few things there as well. Drove home and took the Spousal Unit to an orthodontist appt and I think I left my favorite metal SBux mug there, darn it.

Got the SuBAru washed and then I did some more work (finished a report) and then we went to the UVil for some supplies and some scratch remover junk. I had thought I would need it, but I tried the cleaner wax first and that did the trick. Oh, I also used the wax on the damaged portion of the Honder and I let the insurance company know that they should check the supposed damage to the other car very carefully because I think the damage that was there was not even nearly entirely caused by me. I just had a shallow depressed area in the sheet metal and she had a whole section of damage paint. No way I could have done that much and only got a little ding myself. So we'll see how that goes.

Piddled around some and then went to California Pizza Kitchen at NGate for dinner. Meh. Walked. I bought some more low sox for my Topsider-type thingies.

And the last batch of beer I made was spectacular. 

No comments:

Post a Comment