Sunday, May 21, 2017

21 May 2017 (Sunday)

On this day in 1936:
14 days and 1 hr. Had fire drill today. Not very nice day. Stayed up till 9:30 working on puppet. 
Not only is she counting the days and hours but it seems like she does the diary at the same time every day.

Slept well again last night. Woke up for a while with a minor-ish anxiety attack (or whatever) but went back to sleep without assistance. Ate breakfast in. Painted (primed, actually) the posts on the patio and part of the support beam. The end of it is becoming a little rotten so I need to make sure it stays well painted. Changed the litter box. Did some more piddly things. Watched a little TV.

Oh, last night I bought some Sperry Topsider equivalents -- Magaritaville brand, one of Jimmy Buffets ventures -- and so far so good. I've been walking in them mostly without the usual left foot pain. Twice today my left ankle started to really hurt but then it popped and felt fine. We did lunch at the UVil outside because it's so nice out and then came home and did more piddly things. I watched most of a documentary on George Lazenby, the second person to play James Bond. It's hilarious. He was a character. For all that, I felt quite sad for him at one point -- and he got quite emotional about it, too -- because he had had an on-again off-again thing with a woman named Belinda who he apparently truly loved. But at one point he met her at a hotel in the south of France but said he had to go back to London for a press conference and would be back in a day or two. But he never went back and didn't see her again for 20 years. How sad is that? Sometimes we just don't recognize life's most significant moments while they're happening. I know I never did.

Anyway. Made dinner. Tried calling mom twice today and she didn't pick up the first time and it wouldn't connect the second time. Time was I would go weeks without talking to her and when she called I wouldn't say much. Now I can't talk to her when I want to.

Riding bike to IMA tomorrow. Hopefully I won't die. Well, if I do, whatever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment