Saturday, May 20, 2017

20 May 2017 (Saturday)

On this day in 1936:
15 days and 1 hr. Heard One Man's Family (good). Ate down at church. Came home and read Beckoning Road. 
Looked for an eBook of The Beckoning Road but no luck.

Slept well last night, all the way till 5. Ate in. I made pretty good hash brown and scrambled eggs. Made my stomach not feel so well so I had to go get a mocha. Watched a bit of Excalibur when I got back and then went out and taped off the posts to prime and paint. The Spousal Unit was doing yard work. It's been brilliantly sunny all day and only about 72 so perfect.

Went up to find an estate sale but couldn't find it, after lunch at McD's (Spousal Unit's guts needed something kind of bland). Went to the QFC and got some ribs for dinner, and home. I mowed the yard, it's very thick right now. Also cut a few branches off of various trees and one of the lilacs.

This evening we went to NGate and I was on the verge of buying some Sperry Topsiders, but switched to some Margaritaville ones at the last minute. They were cheaper (on the clearance rack) and also more comfortable. Partly for the wedding next month, but I also wanted something casual besides sneakers to run around in. Something I can wear with jeans or shorts. Will try them out tomorrow.

Pretty. . . . .I don't want to say 'sad' this afternoon because I'm not doing that anymore.

But Life can still go f*** itself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment