Thursday, May 18, 2017

18 May 2017 (Thursday)

On this day in 1936:
Bank day today. Practiced. Read American Girl Magazines. 17 days and 1 hr. Saw Bob. Went to Shirley's Party.
Slept very well last night, stayed in the bed until 1:30 and then back to sleep on the couch until 4:45. Very nice.

Workout went very well, too. I tried the incline press for the first time in probably 10 years. Stuart was there and we were chatting about that:

Me: I am now about to do something I haven't done in 10 years.

[did the first set]

Me: See, I'm just gone up one shirt size right now.

Heh.

Anyway. Drove home, ate bagel and then went downtown. Met with Engi and I said I would work on her big data form in ODK seeing as she was nice enough to put me on her grant. Besides, I like doing that stuff and I need to learn it in detail.

Had lunch with Lisa, she was very chatty. Gave me the same book she gave me last year and an SBux gift card. She really doesn't put much thought into gifts, but the gift card is always welcome. Randall sent me a text wondering if I had an old report that I could modify to make the file smaller but not to worry about it until tomorrow, but I spent maybe 10 minutes resizing the images in it and got it down from like 16 mb to 2.5. Sheesh. I need to make sure I do that with the other ones I do.

Did more work on her forms after coming back, took the bus home (uneventful), made dinner, walked.

Chris Cornell of Soundgarden killed himself last night. Many people have been wondering why could anyone who seemingly Had It All could do such a thing, but depression doesn't care about all that stuff. Not even a little bit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment