Wednesday, May 10, 2017

10 May 2017 (Wednesday)

On this day in 1936:
Mother's Day. Went to Sunday School. Took Bob to Grandma's. Went on other side of swamp and couldn't cont.
Wait, what? Swamp? Maybe down at the UW?

I slept okay last night, but was awake at 2 and not getting back to sleep so I took a hit of ambien. Out cold until 4:30. When I woke up at 2 I was on the couch on my back and it hurt like the dickens. No matter where I sleep, if I'm flat on my back it kills it. Anyway, I practically leaped off the floor (I was on the floor by then) thinking I'd overslept until 5. Showered, ate, etc., left for the watershed at 5:30, stopping at the UVil QFC SBux for a couple shots into my chocolate milk.

I was up at the meeting place by 6:20. New crew is Meh. One is an older lady who is totally out of shape. One tall fat guy who is totally out of shape. The one other guys is okay. Beautiful day, probably 65 up there. We just screened all morning and then they were going to take out a big tree right next to where we were working so TT called it a day but asked if I could stay while they did a bit more scraping and stuff. I initially -- and I feel bad about this -- kinda tried to weasel out of it, but then I remembered what I'm supposed to be doing and assented. What I felt bad about was not immediately saying Yes. Later, Meg texted to ask if I could go to Orcas Friday and I immediately said yes. I really don't want to go but that's my life now.

Anyway, didn't really find anything although what I think is a leaf spring is sticking out of the root ball of the one big tree they pulled out. Otherwise it was largely uneventful. Drive home similarly so.

Got home and put my gear away and then . . . . well, read a while and then made dinner. Walked. 

No comments:

Post a Comment