Friday, April 7, 2017

7 April 2017 (Friday)

On this day in 1936:
Same. Went to town. Got book "little Colonel". Saw fire in boat "Santa Flavia". Picture of By Haines in paper (terrible [sic]
Kind of a dreary day all around. Didn't sleep well last night. Took quite a while to get there and then woke up and had a big ol' anxiety attack (or whatever). That's two nights in a row. I felt better this morning though, cold-wise, although kind of weird. Like my head was wrapped in cotton and plastic wrap. Decent workout though.

Went to Cascadia pretty quickly and worked on the one report. Seattle urban reports are hard because there's a lot of history to wade through. And quit a few place names and such. Fortunately not a whole lot of sites. And the mapping takes a while because we really have to go to the GLO's. Fortunately I'd already done a couple for the general Lake Union area.

I worked on that pretty steadily until around 11:30 and then left for NGate for lunch. Really wasn't hungry and I can't actually remember what I ate. Wait, no, I went to 5 Guys and had fries. Meh. Went home and dumped my stuff off and then dragged out the Julia Child books and dug around for something new to make. I settled on Filets de Poisson Bercy aux Champignons, or fish poached in wine and mushrooms. End result was decidedly Meh. I kinda rushed the sauce and that made it kind of bad. Well, not bad, just Meh. I'd gone to UVil and hung out at SBux for some more forced relaxation and then got the stuff. Including Riesling but then got home and found it required dry wine wine so when the Spousal Unit got home I went out and got some small bottles of chardonnay. Even the mashed potatoes weren't done very well.

Walked at NGate because it was raining.

Oh, last night that thing on my eyelid -- which I learned was a "stye" -- popped. I have a feeling it will not just go away, but I think I will cancel my eye appt for week after next.

One of those days where much of the time I wished I could just dry up and blow away. Not sure if it was a cause or effect of the bad sleeping or not, but whatever. I listened to Puff the Magic Dragon that, for several weeks prior to this, had the effect of making me start bawling like a diaper-rashed infant.

Nothing.

That is A Good Thing.

(I think)

No comments:

Post a Comment