Sunday, April 23, 2017

23 April 2017 (Sunday)

On this day in 1936:
No choir tonight. Harriet came over. Worke[sic] on my puppet. Played outside. Punctured my waterbed.
Waterbed?????

Well, I woke up at 3:45 again. I decided to just tough it out and I think I dozed off for a bit shortly before 5. No assistance. Probably should have gone to Mass but I didn't. I might go to one this week. Maybe Wednesday.

We only had four eggs so I decided to make has browns. Meh. Too moist. I should just buy a bag or something. You really need to squeeze the water out of them before cooking. DIdn't do much this morning. The NASCAR race was cancelled (postponed until tomorrow) because of rain so nothing to watch there. I did watch the last 30 or so laps of an Indycar race though, which was pretty good. Tried to do some chores during the morning. Decided to go to the Taco Slime on Lake City for lunch and then the usual UVil stuff. It rained all day. This has been such a wet and cool spring. I think it might suck until mid-July this year.

When we came back I did some work on the flamingos, just wrapping their legs (just metal sticks) with a little duct tape so they would stay in. The two cherry trees out front are in full pink bloom and I decided the flamingos should treat them as camouflage so I stuck them all up in the trees:


I finally broke down and actually posted them to Facebook. I dunno, last week sometime I decided it may perhaps be time to wade back in a bit. I'm going to still try to just post interesting photos and nothing really personal, except for the occasional old family photo. I haven't even looked at it since. Except to post a few things to ArchaeoBlog.

Other than that, did some more little chores and then made dinner. We managed a shortish walk around outside because there was a break in the rain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment