Saturday, April 22, 2017

22 April 2017 (Saturday)

On this day in 1936:
One Man's Family Winning the West. Finished Jane Hope. Swell. No school work. 
I looked up the "One Man's Family" thing and it was a radio program that ran for like 27 years. I followed a Wikipedia link that supposedly had a couple of episodes but it went to sort of an erotic site.

I slept quite well last night, until 4:30. Bed and couch only. No assistance. Spousal Unit, who has a cold and/or allergies slept until almost 7. Ate in. Got dressed for the gym but checked the parking situation right before leaving and that had some stupid event. So I changed and showered, grrrrr. Watched TV and took a short nap. Actually, it was part of a movie and then the remainder of a TV episode of "UFO" that I remember watching as a kid. It's actually better than Space: 1999 in most respects but the effects are worse. It's really amazing the quality of television these days.

I called up Margie -- Norma's BFF who is like 96 years old -- and we all went out for lunch at the BBQ place. We went through the car wash on the way back and it was Margie's first time ever through a car wash! Amazing! She moved out here to Seattle from Iowa in 1935, before my mother was born. We had a nice visit.

What else. Did an estate sale. Bit of food shopping but we ended up going out for dinner. Also went for ice cream for the first time in a long time because my stomach was feeling icky. Also got a gallon of paint for the basement cabinets. Once home I swept the floors and unloaded the dishwasher and did some other little things. Also drank one of my beers. I really got this batch right. It's just about what I wanted: Good taste, nice color (dark amber), the foam is good and thick and stays around, and the alcohol content is down low enough. Could probably go lower on that, but this is actually something I could come home from running or something and actually almost guzzle. Without feeling too badly. It's probably about the equivalent of Near Beer. A really good tasting Near Beer. Hope I wrote down the recipe. . . .

We went to NGate for dinner. I had a salad and left most of the non-vegetal portion on the plate. Walked around there and bought a couple more large salad bowls and three workout shirts which are the perfect workout shirts: Soft, stretchy, and cheap. I almost forget I'm wearing them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment