Wednesday, April 19, 2017

19 April 2017 (Wednesday)

On this day in 1936:
Went to Sunday School. Went to Helen's birthday party. Heberts came over. Went to church. Went to bed at 12.
Need to remember that, Wednesday = Sunday in 1936.

I slept through the night despite Jack scaring the crap out of me. I'd gone down to the basement to sleep and he came down and started scratching on the post down there and at first I thought I might be hearing a little rat scurrying around but then it got louder. Woke up at 3:45 though.

Used to be I'd be happy if the time I woke up started with a 6. Then 5. Now 4. DAMN IT.

Anyway, workout was okayRan on the track for a bit. Felt very strong. Another sort of angry workout though.

Came home and started to put the chicken in the slow cooker but it smelled off so I bagged it back up and went to Cascadia. I am now the go-to guy for State Parks projects. I think I've got most of the projects under control. Am wondering if they're trying to let me go at the UW. We'll see more on Friday.

I left there around 11, but I'd forgotten to take the floor samples with me so I went home, got those and the chicken and went to McD's for lunch and then returned the samples. I think we've almost decided on a pattern. The estimate is for about $1200. This week I might start working on the cabinet doors. Came home and did various little things and made a quick trip to the Slaveway for pistachios and mini M&Ms for a Spousal Unit snack. Of course, as I was opening the pistachio bag it broke and they went all over. I spent about 30 minutes shelling those.

Oh, this morning (and this evening) Sheila the squirrel met me at the front steps. She's an adorable little thing. She likes me.

Walked.

I actually felt pretty lousy today but in a good way. I think I'm hitting my long-term mood more often now. It sucks but it's better than before. Well. . . .I mean, it's better for me and everyone else at any rate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment