Saturday, April 15, 2017

15 April 2017 (Saturday)

On this day in 1936:
Hot. Stuffy in school. Went up to Mary's and played baseball. Got 9 A's on my report card, 5 B's - 1 C.
Smart kid.

DIdn't sleep well at all last night. Well, it took quite a while (plus minor assistance) to get to sleep, and I woke up at 2:30 and couldn't get back to sleep, but when I did (with more minor assistance) I slept until 5:15.

Went out for breakfast and then I went to the gym at 9. Good workout. I did 75 + 60 + 45 = 180 ab things and then rode the cycle for 45 minutes. Worked up a big sweat. Good thing, too, as I probably had eaten too much for breakfast. We went to a couple of estate sales before lunch, one up in the Inverness area and one in Windermere, both really nice houses. Nothing to buy though. They're all ending today because no one's having sales on Easter Sunday. Which kind of surprises me, even the mall and several other businesses are closed. Easter never struck me as that big of a holiday except for churches. It was sunny most of the day and really pleasant.

When we got home I put some ribs on that I'd gotten at Spam's Club -- we went to the Ivar's on Aurora for lunch and then to Spam's -- and set those going. I used my stand by rub on it and put them on about 2 to get caramelized and then in foil on low for the rest of the afternoon. Mowed the lawn. Also edited my old What Would Jesus Drive Car Lust post and put it on It Rolls. I had considered linking it on my personal page, but decided against it. I will probably not post anything else until my birthday. That's the plan anyway.

Ribs turned out very well. Walked down to the Metropolitan Market for buttermilk. I bought some actual maple syrup at the Spam's so I want to make pancakes/waffles tomorrow. Won't go to Mass because it's Easter and it will be packed and besides, well, you know.

I guess perhaps my plan for the remainder of my life is: Do something until mom passes (set my new lifestyle in stone), and then just work a lot and concentrate on money. Reasonable enough plan, I think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment