Thursday, April 13, 2017

13 April 2017 (Thursday)

On this day in 1936:
Started back to school. Hard to get use[sic] to again. Got Scottie. Miss Oakleys absent. Played after I practiced. 
Today was. . . .unusual. First time in several nights that I didn't wake up and get all wigged out, and mostly slept through until 4 (I did wake up several times but not for long). Had a decent workout. Not as many people there as there usually are on Thursdays lately. Stewart was there with a young lady, I'm guessing it's his daughter.

I went to Cascadia pretty quickly. Didn't have much to do but I photographed my books and started on a Parks proposal. It was confusing so I couldn't do much until I emailed the guy in charge (who hadn't answered by the end of the day). I came home and then had an early lunch of french fries at McD's so I would be ready for the carpet guy at noon, but he didn't show up until 12:30 anyway. Talked too much. Turns out we will need to test the old tiles for asbestos before deciding anything since that will determine if we will rip them out or not. Will also have to trim the bottoms of all of the cabinet doors up.

After all that I drove up to the Vet and got some more probiotics for Daisy and then went to UVil to get Easter cards, one for Janice as a thank you for visiting mom all the time and one for cousin Michele because she's dealing with some difficult stuff. I don't know what (though I suspect it's divorce related), but I wanted to let her know I was thinking of her in a physical way rather than just a text message or something. I got the cards at the Bartell's and wrote them up at the SBux.

When I got home Jennifer the mail lady was out delivering so I got an RSVP card to give to her and she said she was leaving after tomorrow for a route in Everett near where she lives. She has been a good mail carrier (except for falling off the porch) and I have a soft spot for her ever since she got a little teary when she heard about Norma dying. I will try to remember to get her a little thank you card as well.

I was actually in a fairly good mood most of the afternoon. It felt weird and uncomfortable and kind of guilty. I really am deathly afraid that I will forget everything and just go back to my old ways. I don't want to do that. I'm finally making actual progress and prefer to stay miserable for a while. Well, not 'miserable' just blank.

But by 4 pm I was back to muttering "Love can go f*** itself, happiness can go f***it self. . . ." etc. so all was good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment