Thursday, March 9, 2017

9 March 2017 (Thursday)

Jean Clausen's diary:
August 2. Drove the Coast Range. stopped[sic] at Depot Bay and saw Deep Sea Aquarium and Museum. Stopped at Lookout Pt. Cabins at Bar View. drove 434 miles straight.
I think Depoe Bay is in Oregon.

I guess today was okay. Didn't quite sleep that well. I woke up at 3:30 and thought I would never get back to sleep but I did, at least for a little while. I woke up at 4:30. My dreams always seem to last a long time but then I wake up and not quite so long.

Workout was. . .meh. Weights just seemed heavy this morning. I still did 568 on the press though. Much less crowded than it's been today, too, I think tomorrow is the last day of classes for the quarter.  Did a little work at home and then headed to Cascadia. We're working on the Kittitas proposal so people are in a bit of a tizzy. Due next Monday. I had to update my CV, and found I have done a LOT of reports. I need to get those all down in EndNote and stick them into my other CVs for bulk. I stayed there until about 11:40 and then went to McD's for lunch. Fiona has an interview tomorrow so we met today and got caught up. Went to the grocery store after that and got dinner stuff. Walked up by NGate because it was raining all day.

One full week without Facebook. I have 18 Notifications. It's been surprisingly easy to not go look. It's been a bit harder not to post. I took a nice photo yesterday in the field and wanted to post it but didn't. A few other things occurred to me to post, but I didn't. I don't know, I kind of don't care much. I do miss seeing what some of the people are up to, but. . . . I really need to get my attention-whoring tendencies under control before venturing back. May be a while. So far no one has noticed. Which may be a good or bad thing? I don't know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment