Friday, March 31, 2017

31 March 2017 (Friday)

On this day in 1936:
Snow still on ground in some places. Make cookies. As usual[sic] played tag during lunch. (Saw Robert) Did school work. 
I woke up at 3 this morning and decided to take 1/4 ambien because I was NOT going to be tired as hell today. Worked. Workout went pretty well, too. When I came home I did a little bit of archaeology work and then started the fence again. I had to go to the Dunn Lumber and get some lattice pieces (8 in all) at $25 a pop. I thought they were cheaper than that. Anyway, that went fine, came home, and then started in on it. I ended up having to remove and reattach one of the lower cross pieces because they were too far apart for the lattices to attach to. Harumph. It's not the greatest looking fence ever, but I had always planned on getting some sort of vine to cover it. I went to the City Peoples and they suggested some sort of climatis, which I'd tried before and they both died, but they had some others they said were very hardy. Actually the same ones that we have growing out of the front planter bed and above the garage door. Thing grows like a weed, so if it take hold back there it should work fine. I got two of them after I'd gone to McD's for lunch. Had a hamburger again, so much for Lent.

Planted those when I got home and also finished attaching the lattices (I'd just put a few nails in earlier in case I didn't like it). So, the fence is done. Just need to clean up and take the junk to the dump. Next project may be replacing the laundry/furnace room floor.

Went to UVil for dinner supplies and Fiona and I sat outside for the first time this year. It was a little cool but pleasant. Interesting scenery. She thinks I don't know what an attractive man looks like. Which I probably don't. But she's very picky.

Came home and drank one of my beers. Meh. It seems to have about the right alcohol content in it though, as I drank a whole one (it's larger than 12 oz) and didn't really affect me much. Not much carbonation though. I think I may forego the grains next time and see about just using the malt extract and hops and see what happens.

Walked around here. Mainly pleasant.

Don't know if I should go into my mood today. Suffice it to say that this morning I was praying to hang on to this one permanently. Chatted with my friend "Shannon" who has cancer. I told her, quite sincerely, that I would trade places with her in a second if I could. Except for the sleeping with her husband ("The Dude") of course. She thought that was funny.

Update: One solid month without Facebook. So far only one person not my family has noticed (or cared?). Kind of sad. I'm not sure I miss it. I still think of things I wold like to post but not nearly as often. I do think it's been helping me to. . . . .well, remake my entire persona. Really. 

No comments:

Post a Comment