Monday, March 27, 2017

27 March 2017 (Monday)

On this day in 1936:
Woke up this morning and it was snowing. Snowed nearly all day. Had English Club. Took Music Lesson. Listen to the radio. 
Pretty late snow for around here. Probably melted the next day though. I only remember one big snowfall in March, I think it would have been in spring of 1989.

Slept decently well again last night, without assistance. Oddly, my right biceps and shoulder, which had been hurting, were pretty much okay this morning so I did a full workout, albeit with lighter weights and more rep/sets. Not too crowded.

Came home, ate bagel, and then went to get the materials for the fence. I got 4 10' 2x4s and 2 8' 2x4s. Turned out I could have reversed that, but I didn't want to get stuck with two that were too short. I guess when I was parked by the IMA a heron flew over and left an enormous dump on the car. Really. Biggest bird poop I've ever seen. I even took a picture. The lumberyard guy even commented on it.

Got those and got right to work, although I didn't get back until almost 10:30. Took about an hour to get 6 of them up. No real problems, although one post was an inch wider from the other one at the bottom than at the top. Hmmmmm. But they all went in okay. I went to McD's for lunch and then hit the ACE hardware to get some nails and then to the car wash. Came back and quick put up the last two cross members and then nailed them all in. Was done by about 1:30. Then went to UVil to get some dinner stuff and also met Fiona there seeing as it was her birthday. I thought it would be a nice thing for her to see at least one friend on her birthday.

Came home and got to work on dinner. I made a stew recipe out of Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking. I modified it some. Turned out quite good. Walked.

Oh, I hung the Nagel this afternoon, too. I think it looks great.

No comments:

Post a Comment