Thursday, March 23, 2017

23 March 2017 (Thursday)

On this day in 1936:
Made Lemon Puff Filling. Buds opening on trees. Have $75.75 in bank. Practiced. Mother wrecked her finger. I did schoolwork. 
That would be $1,327.55 in today's dollars.

I woke up at 3 this morning and don't know if I got back to sleep. I did break down and take 1/4 ambien at 3:30 but I'm not sure it did any good. Seemed like an awful long 45 minutes though.

I went over to Cascadia by 7 this morning so I could do a proposal and I finished that around 8:30, piddled around for a while, and then went to 24 Hour Fitness to work out. Legs today. Still did around 600 lbs on the press and it didn't hurt at all. Rode the cycle for about 10 minutes. Still too bright and loud, but okay. Not too many people there.

Actually, it was a busy day. After the gym I came home and switched cars (drove the Mustang first off) and got 3 bags of concrete mix at the Ace on Roosevelt Way and then had a quick lunch at McD's. Had an emergency septic thing that needed monitoring up on Blakely Island next week and started that ball rolling after lunch but before the dentist. Chatted with Mary for a few minutes afterwards. She's doing well, and so is her daughter who seems to be doing really well in college and life. I like Mary, I wish we could get together more often. I swear that woman simply doesn't age. But she's asian so she'll be 80 and look 35.

I came home and started setting the last post. When I was awake I was all worrying about that, but at least I figured out what to do with both of them. This one I just dumped the mix into the groundwater and used that. Seems to be working as of this writing. It's not setting as quickly as it probably should, but that's because there was more water than necessary. I think it will work fine. Tomorrow(?) I need to fill in the other one a bit and then put more concrete in it.

While I was dumping one bag the phone rang and it was the Blakely client so I had to get things going on that, what with a monitoring plan and proposal and trying to get someone to go up and do it. Mary agreed (not dentist Mary, someone else). So that seems to be ready.

Norma's house went on the market today, with the sign out front. I'm not really sad at all. I've pretty much gotten over the sadness -- I still do miss the old broad though -- and just think fondly of the memories anymore. Besides, life goes on. I just hope some nice people move in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment