Tuesday, March 21, 2017

21 March 2017 (Tuesday)

On this day in 1936:
Slept late. Make pie crust. Practiced. Played. Went with Heberts to show - "In Person" - Ginger Rogers and "In Old Kentucky" Will Rogers. 
Kind of a cruddy day. Woke up at 2:30 and had to take two small hits of ambien to get back to sleep by 3:30. But slept until the alarm.

I went to the gym and they ticked me off. Before I could even sign in the chick behind the counter said I could work out until 8 am because I have a guest pass. I didn't even argue but just rolled my eyes and walked out. Fitness clubs are by far my least favorite business. Always doing something just plain incompetent and/or jerky. Won't be going back this week and maybe not in December either.

So I came home and took a shower and then went downtown. I got a decent amount done but was tired the whole day. Rowena and I went for coffee and then to the cafeteria for lunch (I had spaghetti and meatballs, not bad). I worked until 3 so I have some time built up for next week I guess. Bus was a little late but the ride was uneventful. Mess of high schoolers got on, but not too many. Too energetic though.

Made dinner, went to UVil.

Oh, my sister sent me an image of a paper she found at the parents' house. It's a poem I wrote for school when I was young:

You Never Know

I hear music
No it's a bird
It could be a duck
I guess I'll never know

I hear splashing
It could be a bear
It could be a hippo
I guess I'll never know

Some thing you'll always know
Somethings you'll forget you know
Somethings I think you'll know
But these things I'll never know

Teacher made the comment:
"Tony -- I think you have written a delightful poem! Your last stanza is just beautiful. Good work!"

No comments:

Post a Comment