Monday, March 13, 2017

13 March 2017 (Monday)

What an eventful day. And not in a particularly good way.

I did manage to sleep quite well, without any assistance. I woke up at 4:04 and figured I'd just lie there a while and say a rosary or something, but the next thing I knew it was 4:40 so I must have dozed off. Also a very good workout. Pretty uncrowded because it's finals week.

I went to Cascadia after doing a bit of work here including getting the pork butt into the slow cooker and doing the dishes. We're finishing up the Kittitas County proposal and I had to update my CV. Also made up a new proposal for a survey in town (actually right across the Montlake Bridge). Was done with all that by 11:30 so I went to NGate for lunch and to get some more chamomile and then to the Target for contact lens stuff. Oh yes, the morning started off with me putting in one lens and having it burn like I just squirted pepper juice in it. Oye. The new disinfecting solution I used had hydrogen peroxide in it which I didn't know you had to use with some sort of thing that neutralized it. Ouch. Anyway, I had to order more right lenses because those keep going bad.

Found out my e-friend Shannon (not her real name) has cancer. Very sad. I don't know how bad but the short description didn't sound very positive. This was right after the Spousal Unit texted to say some guy in her group had a cardiac arrest right in the office. So they had to do CPR, get the medics in, etc. He left alive at least. After coming home for a bit I dropped off some donations at the church and then lit a vigil light for Shannon. . . .and kneeled down in a pew and nearly wept. Just not another one, please.

Anyway, I went to UVil to cash a check and then came home and tried to do some more work. I did some Coptic stuff and a little bit of archaeology, but it was tough to concentrate. Made dinner, cleaned some, etc. Walked. It had rained all day but magically cleared up (or at least stopped) around 4:30 so we could just walk outside.

Meh, just a trying day all around for the most part. 

No comments:

Post a Comment