Tuesday, February 7, 2017

7 February 2017 (Tuesday)

Kind of a Blehh day. Slept vaguely okay  -- scratch that, I slept pretty well until 4. Maybe only 3:45. Workout wasn't even all that great. It was foggy early this morning and then it started raining and rained almost all day. I texted Tim and he could meet for lunch, so I drove down there (Madison) and met him by the Capitol. I drank a Blatz. Ha! Well, half of one. They had it there so I went native and had that. Partly (well, mostly) because when we first moved into the old fraternity house -- we were starting it up again so it was very small and the house was kind of a dump -- we spent the first week painting it. Every morning around 10 we would go to some liquor store out on the west side somewhere and buy a case of Blatz -- 24 returnable bottles -- and paint and drink it all, and then the next morning we'd take the empty case back and get a new one, etc. I think it was like $5 for the whole case. The stuff I had today was a fateful replica: Light and not terribly flavorful, but not unpleasant. Apparently, Tim also had a vague recollection that we stole the Budweiser bar light from some other fraternity. I have no memory of that.

I walked to the end of State St (the campus end) and looked around a bit but only bought some caramel corn. Drove home. Uneventful not ways, except it rained pretty hard on the way down but not back. Went to see mom for a bit and we Skyped with her sister, and then I mall-walked for a while. Supposed to get down to 13 overnight meaning everything will freeze but I think the streets will be okay. Busy day tomorrow, I have to get mom moved and settled in and buy some things. May go meet cousin Michele for lunch on Friday, definitely Schwartz's with the family on Thursday.

Watched another episode of Space:1999 this afternoon. It was a goofy show but I loved it back then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment