Monday, February 27, 2017

27 February 2017 (Monday)

Kinda slept like crap again last night, woke up at 2:45 with a big ol' anxiety attack (or whatever). But then slept like a log until 4:45 so it wasn't too bad. Excellent workout. Stewart made a lewd comment and I told him I was going to go wash my brain with bleach. He enjoyed that. Was snowing when we left this morning and was still doing some of that when I went over to the Rotunda after the gym. Meeting with Grace was. . . .okay. Somehow I always feel like a child when I talk to her. All that said, I have a lot of work to do. Otherwise I was fairly productive. Happily, Sharon has followed my lead with some of the study data and instead of coding everything just makes changes and notes it. That made me feel good.

Went over for coffee with Rowena. Didn't do much else except code stuff. I'm learning Stata and it's much different from either SPSS -- which I've used almost my entire adult life -- and SAS -- which I used for a total of 11.5 years day in and day out. Some things seem easier. The 'encode' command, for example, will automatically take a text field -- "East", "West", "North", "South" -- and convert it to numeric -- 1,2,3,4 -- which can be clunky in SPSS. It's got its drawbacks though. Seems to work with dates much better.

Bus ride home was almost uneventful, although traffic everywhere else was awful, the Spousal Unit didn't get home until almost 5:45. Was snowing a lot this afternoon but nothing was really sticking. Went to UVil to get bagels. 

No comments:

Post a Comment