Sunday, February 26, 2017

26 February 2017 (Sunday)

From Jean Clausen's diary:
July 26, 1937. [Ken] time & [unk] brother for two days. through[sic] rock garden's[sic] most beautiful [spectacul] ever seen -- lights on falls & lakes. Watched guy break eggs -- Went to bed along river.
Kind of a crappy day here in 2017. Mainly because it started at 3:45. I tried for about 30 minutes to get back to sleep and almost actually did, but no luck. I took a nap around 8 I think. The morning seemed to last forever, as did the afternoon. Mostly sat in front of the TV all morning except when I did a few chores, although nothing involving cleaning since I'd done all that already. Not in a good mood either. I watched the end of a stupid movie called The Shallows. A woman -- young, hot, blonde, in a bikini, natch -- gets stranded off shore on some rocks while a great white shark tries to get her. A latter day Jaws, I guess. These days it seems silly, since we know so much more about sharks than in the Jaws days. A shark just wouldn't hang around trying to eat one person, especially when there's a big ol' dead whale in the vicinity, too. And the ending was dumb.

Went to lunch at McD's for blandness and then the usual UVil stuff. Hit an estate sale (nothing) and then home to watch the race, Daytona 500 first of the season. Many accidents. I managed to avoid napping this afternoon as well. Didn't really do much. Well, I did bash my thumb with the recycling bin. HURT. And bled a lot, too. Little bit of swelling. I made salmon patties for dinner, something I hadn't made in quite a while. Meh.Walked at UVil because it was sprinkling and the Spousal Unit needed some stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment