Saturday, February 25, 2017

25 February 2017 (Saturday)

Slept well again and without any assistance. Go me. First time in a while. Was on the floor all night because Daisy was on the couch but my back or hips didn't hurt very much anyway. Hardly at all. I think I woke up around 4:30. Spousal Unit got up after 6 and we went out for breakfast and then got the donuts for the get together this morning. Which we had and it was very nice. I think especially Margie and Sunny appreciated it since they don't see each other much now with Norma gone. We all had a nice visit. Too many donuts left over though. The coffee -- which Michael roasted in Kenya -- was pretty good, although I don't know much about coffee. Well, I don't much like it anyway. Note to self: Caffeine definitely makes my rosacea kick up. I think I drank two cups of that stuff and I looked like I'd been in the sun for two hours.

We used Grandma Scholz's china cups and saucers which was a first. I kind of liked that. Not very practical, but the Dames appreciated it, I think. It was nice having the house clean and uncluttered, too, I hope we can keep it that way.

Sure did miss having Norma there though.

Rest of the day was uneventful for the most part. Went for lunch, went to an estate sale but left because there was a line, and then went to the Target. Came home and watched a movie, Interstellar, the idea of which I kind of liked but, meh. Too long and too much going on.

Walked at NGate just because it was supposed to be raining and I didn't want to be cold anyway.

Anyway, was pretty. . . .sad? Melancholy? Something. Most of the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment