Friday, February 24, 2017

24 February 2017 (Friday)

Well, the end of not the greatest week I've ever had. At least today went reasonably okay. Perhaps the chamomile is working? I woke up twice last night and started in on what appeared to be major anxiety attacks (or whatever) but managed to arrest them both pretty quickly by starting to say the rosary. First time I got confused and actually fell asleep and didn't realize it. Anyway, I was in bed early and wasn't awake very much and slept until 4:40 so I was at least well rested.

To do next to nothing all day.

Well, that's not strictly true. I had a wicked good workout and then spent the morning cleaning, mostly doing all of the floors in preparation for tomorrow. Also some decluttering. Took some stuff to the church and saw two raccoons running around the church and across the street, poor things. Well, they weren't hurt or anything but they shouldn't have been out in the daylight like that.

I got done cleaning around 11:30 and went to McD's for lunch and then cleaned a bit more and then met Fiona at NGate. Still having problems with her mom, but nothing new. We were talking about friendships here and neither one of us have very many. I think it's because of this place and the infamous Seattle Freeze. I am trying to be more sociable, since I realized that, now that Norma's gone, I have more friends and people to do things with in Wisconsin than here. That's sad. I have acquaintances and low-level friends here, but not many I hang out with much besides Fiona. I think perhaps the bigness of the city affects that as well.

Anyway, I got some more chamomile and then came home and cleaned a bit more. I tried my last batch of beer and it appears the whole thing is ruined. I think it never fermented. It was flat and tasted sweet meaning the sugar never fermented. Probably the yeast just never got going. Damn it. Oh well, back to the drawing board and waiting another 2 months. Maybe I'll just try a simple recipe this time.

Walked to Slaveway and got some cream for the coffee tomorrow and a donut. 

No comments:

Post a Comment