Monday, February 13, 2017

13 February 2017 (Monday)

Last night did not start out well. I slept for maybe 15 minutes and had a full dream in which I was getting ready for bed -- like I had just done -- and decided I needed to go to the basement to dust mop something. I turned the lights on but they didn't go on. I switched it on and off a couple of times, puzzled, and then rested the mop on the wall and turned to go upstairs when I "felt" something behind me, which turned out to be some sort of ghost which I immediately started grappling with. And I screamed which I don't think I have ever done in a dream. So I went out to the TV room and immediately had another one, and though this one did not involve any apparitions (I don't think) I immediately starting fighting whatever-it-was as well. I wonder if that's significant, because I didn't even hesitate in either one, I just went right at them. F***ers.

Anyway. I ended up waking up again and again but slept until 4:40, albeit I think I had two small hits of ambien. So, decently well rested. Workout started out slow but ended up being pretty good. Still quite a few people down there for this late in the quarter. I drove home and then went downtown. For the first time in a long time I didn't wear jeans. I think I wore slacks one hot day last summer, but for the last few years have just been in jeans. I think I will start dressing better, just to hopefully make a better impression. Talked with Michael and he said he will try to get more money after April. Christine was also in town and we had a short meeting with Rachel about my next bit of work. The former is interviewing this week for a position here at the UW (she's been in Kenya for the last year or so). I hope she gets it.

Bus ride home was uneventful except for the scads of high schoolers. Bit noisier today than usual. Maybe because it was sunny and reasonably warm (54).

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day and I've always thought it's stupid and I hate it. Yes, partly because it sucked when I was younger and don't remember ever having any sort of "romantic" one, just the usual crap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment