Thursday, January 5, 2017

5 January 2017 (Thursday)

Not a bad day. Odd night. I don't think I got to sleep very quickly and ended up going to the TV room right away? Can't remember. I slept on the floor most of the night until I woke up at 3:30 (the Time From Hell). Decided to use a bit o' assistance and it was a good idea, I went back to sleep until 5. Workout was pretty okay, actually really good although I didn't think so at the time. I came home and then went downtown. Was reasonably productive and got some more histology (i.e., biopsy) Initial diagnoses resolved. There are still three remaining that are problematic, but I think those can be taken care of. Participants were supposed to be enrolled with CIN2 and above, but I have 3 with below that. Just need to check some re-reads and such. Which I don't have. 

Had a scone for lunch, and also walked over for coffee with Rowena. I had the meeting with the guys looking for a data manager and it's really just data managing, no research at all. It's more or less temporary and probably about half time, but I'm not inclined to do it, mainly because I don't think I would be a particularly good fit and probably couldn't give it the attention it deserved. It's a multi-site study involving intestinal parasites in India, Malawi and one other place, and run mostly out of the British Natural History Museum. I think I'll offer my services for some consulting until they find someone.

The other Big News is that my alcohol paper was accepted:
Dear Dr. Cagle,
Re. AC-2016-07-0649 Alcohol use and immune reconstitution among HIV-infected patients on antiretroviral therapy in Nairobi, Kenya
Thank you for submitting the above manuscript, word count 2230, to be considered for the journal.
The paper has been sent out for review by independent referees and I am pleased to inform you that it has been accepted for publication and will shortly be sent for onward processing, after which we aim to publish your manuscript in 6-10 months.
Please do ensure that once you receive a copyright form from the publishers it is signed and returned immediately, as failure to do so will delay publication of your article.
Thank you again for your interest in the journal and fine contribution.
I've actually read it several times to make sure I read it right and that it wasn't rejected. I think it's about the 5th journal I tried and they didn't tell me until now after I submitted in July.

No comments:

Post a Comment