Sunday, January 1, 2017

1 January 2017 (Sunday)

From Jean Clausen's diary:
July 22 1936. Beloved Washington for 1st time Saw Canadian Rockies. Saw Pennitentiary. Saw Can. Mounties. Rode around Stanley Park. Drove across toll bridge to N. Vancouver. Walked across Suspension Bridge (200 ft high). Saw large bear. Stayed at Imperial cabins. 
Wow. Busy day. Didn't sleep all that well last night but with some judicious use of a nub and a pink pill at around 3 I managed pretty well anyway. Ate in again. I watched an ESPN documentary film on the old Duke (non)Rape Case. What a travesty. Of course, all anyone learned from it was that it's easy to rip on men in college and apologize later after the damage has been done. In other words, nothing.

I cleaned my room most of the morning. Mostly the desk which took a long time. Also got the old PC out and tired to clear it out so we can donate it, but I need to really wipe the drive clean before giving it away. So tomorrow I will ry connecting it to the Internet and downloading a utility.

I suggested going to a movie, Dr. Strange. Not bad. Some of it was, given my mental state these days, fairly. . . .moving? Significant? relevant? Whatever. One bit in particular, when the Ancient One (like a Super Guru) woman says to him "Arrogance and fear still keep you from learning the simplest and most significant lesson of all. It's not about you." I started to get choked up at that. I know that intellectually, but really understanding it still eludes me. Some day I hope it elicits an epiphany in me and I finally begin to practice it and know what it is all about.

Also had more Talking with the Spousal Unit. I did tell her some things and it may have made me feel somewhat better? I don't know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment