Thursday, December 8, 2016

8 December 2016 (Thursday)

Slept well last night, without any assistance. Yay. Go me. Also had a great leg workout. Furnace is being buggy. It's set to be 68 degrees at 4:30 in the morning and it went on before then but when I got up at 4:40 it was freezing and was only like 61. By the time I got back from the gym it was only 63. Took all day and with the stove on to finally hit 68. So must have it looked at.

I worked at home all morning, then went to lunch, and then did some more work and met Fiona at NGate for a bit. Came home, broke down to Puff the Main Dragon (that last verse is really a killer), and then started dinner and stuff.

A transport vehicle came down the street at a little after 5 and stopped at Norma's house. We were concerned but I went over to check and she was being taken to the hospital because her meds were making her more confused than she should be. That was a bit of a relief.

There's a show called Westworld on HBO, a takeoff on the movie from the 1970s. It's quite good. The robots are more human-like and more like the replicants from Blade Runner. They're beginning to develop memories and some sort of artificial intelligence and one of them, Delores, whose "storyline" involves bandits repeatedly killing her "parents" had this to say to one of the managers about how she feels about that:

"The pain, their loss, is all I have left of them. You think the grief will make you smaller inside, like your heart will collapse in on itself, but it doesn't. I feel spaces opening up inside me like a building with rooms I never explored."
That's kind of what I meant when I was saying that all the hurt I was going through was good, in a way. It's the experience that brings you things you didn't know about before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment