Saturday, December 24, 2016

24 December 2016 (Saturday)

I didn't sleep all that badly last night. I think I only woke up twice, the second time at around 2:15 (maybe 2:45) but went back to sleep with minimal assistance. Slept until about 4:45. Which was okay. Went out for breakfast. Meh. I went to the gym while the Spousal Unit went and got some stuff at NGate. Decent workout. Ashley, the pleasant young lady who signed me up, called me 'Von Moose' at first. Apparently she called some other guy who she thinks looks like me who she called Tony. Heh.

Went for lunch at McD's and then went to the UVil for a bit, which wasn't terribly crowded. Probably was yesterday. Came home and baked some stuff. My brother sent me a couple of old recipe cards (several in fact) and it had two pfefferneuse recipes. Here was one:
2-1/2 # brown sugar
3/4 c lard
1/2 c molasses
1-1/2 c hot water
1 t cinnamon
1 t nutmeg
1-1/2 t baking soda (mixed in the hot water)
10-12 c flour

Made 1/3 of a batch this afternoon. Meh. Grandma's were very hard and crunchy. These were like softer cookies. Tasted okay. 

Walked to candy cane lane, meh. Looks nice, but the same thing every year. Didn't go to the zoo like every year for the past several, don't know why, just didn't feel like it. 

So, sucks. It just sucks. I hope I forget this Christmas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment