Sunday, November 13, 2016

13 November 2016 (Sunday)

From the diary of Jean Clausen:
While at hospital recieved[sic] flowers from Mrs. McCloud & also (gift0. Ken Johnson Mrs. Patterson, Aunt Lu, Daddy. Letter from Miriam book from Auntie Beth. Flowers from Ladies Aid. Books from Mother & Daddy & pajamas. A fine box of candy from Aunt Christina. Flowers & book from Annabelle. Brass Bell from Elliot. Rev. Allen oranges. Candy from Mrs. King. Book & flowers from Heberts. Candy Aunt Carrie. Flowers Mrs. Helmick. Picture verse Lo. Jean. 
Am now downloading a book called Breweries of Wisconsin to read. Have read three books on the beer industry. Fascinating.

So-so day today. I required some assistance around 3 this morning, but otherwise I woke up a couple of times but went right back to sleep. I was on the floor second, and then moved up to the couch when my hips were hurting (at 3). Decided not to go to Mass this morning. I dunno why. Well, I wanted to watch the F1 race, but it didn't start until almost 9 anyway. And kept stopping because of rain. Mostly sat around all morning. Went to Taco Time on Lake City; still don't like that place. They just aren't as well-trained and the restaurant isn't as functioning as the other ones. Went to UVil for groceries, etc.

I did play the guitar for a bit this afternoon, callouses are starting to thicken up again. Still using the pick for everything and really concentrating on fingering I plan on doing nothing but fingering exercises and chord repetition for a while. Decided I might also play my trumpet, too. Saddened up later in the afternoon, but I guess I got a lot out yesterday so no tearing up even.

DIdn't walk because it was raining, but cleaned instead. Made chicken souvlaki for dinner with leftover pesto pasta and some broccoli. 

No comments:

Post a Comment