Sunday, October 30, 2016

30 October 2016 (Sunday)

Slept very badly last night. I got to sleep right away, but then woke up around 1:30 and didn't go back to sleep for quite a while, and then woke up at 5:15. I laid there and tried to go back to sleep but couldn't. Went to McD's. I came home and started straightening out the living room to clean the carpet next week, but then smelled something around the basement steps and eventually found a recently deceased mouse on the floor. Eww. So I cleaned up some and then found a bowling shoe in a bowling bag with a bunch of rice in it.

Eventually I went to the Home and chatted with Mom and Jerry and Linda came by and then after they left mom had a crying jag. Well, I kept it at bay for a while with shooshing but then the nurse came in and blew it. She (mom) was going on and on about having to go to the funeral home. They took her off to lunch and she was still crying. I went to lunch and then did some shopping and then went home to prepare for the trick or treaters. Eventually got around 50 or so, I think. I bought two big 60-piece bags of candy and didn't even go through one. It was kind of fun, but not as much as I'd expected.

Oh, after coming home from McD's I broke down big time. The floodgates opened and out poured several days' worth of emotions.

Drove to Gille's and then walked around here. Aunt Phyllis is in the ER with an "a-fib attack" so I don't know how that will end either. Just more suckage, I guess.

Still processing yesterday. Mostly I just feel drained. 

No comments:

Post a Comment