Monday, October 24, 2016

24 October 2016 (Monday)

Reasonably productive day today. I slept fairly well, with only minimal assistance. I moved downstairs to the love seat/couch around 12:30, and slept there until almost 4:30, which was good considering I'd gone to bed and to sleep before 9:30.

Worked out at the old place again and had a decent one, although I think these meds are making me tire easily. Am wondering if this is what it's like to be older -- I haven't really lost much strength or stamina over the years (if any) at least where workouts are concerned. Anyway, tough going even though I still worked really hard.

I worked on a report for about 45 minutes when I got back home and then drove the rental over to the place over by 23 and 41. Walk back was kind of hairy, had to cross couple of off/on-ramps with no crosswalks or anything. But made it to the SBux and then to the Home. Took about an hour and 15 minutes altogether.

Mom was doing reasonably okay today, although not as clear or coherent as over the weekend. Talked a lot of the usual odd stuff. This exchange amused me though:

Mom: 'Marian needs to go through her stuff by Thursday'.
Me: "I don't think she's going to make that DEADline.'

Hee! Too bad it was lost on her. I posted to Facebook anyway.

I left there around 11:30 and was walking down Main St to find a lunch place, but nothing appealed so I went to the 11:11 burger place and had fries. Ordered way too many. Not the best either but whatever. Then I walked the rest of the way home and was deciding whether or not to blow some leaves when I found the lawn service had already done it. So, I headed off to find a military surplus place and the first one was closed, so I went to Menard's to buy light bulbs but none were on sale -- strike 2 -- and then hit the St. Vinnie's by the mall and found some reasonable Indy pants and saw Laura Liebelt the neighbor while there so we chatted a bit. Hit a second surplus store and scored a new bag. They had quite a few including some that were like my old, old dig bag, I think a Swiss Army medic bag. The strap was in an odd place, but the guy there knew of someone just around the corner who could sew it on differently, so I went there. Whole bag thing will cost <$15. Will work okay, I think.

Went to the grocery store to get some tea K-cups and a pear. Came home and then started going through the donate piles. Some of the games and junk I will try to consign at an antique place on Main. Seems better than just donating some of them.

That took until around 4:30. Made dinner (pasta plus salad) and then walked to Gille's and then around a bit. Getting kind of cold tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment