Sunday, October 2, 2016

2 October 2016 (Sunday)

7/13/39 got [sic] dogs at both places - both pretty & hot. bought[sic] purse in pullman - almost rain[sic] out of gas in mt. came[sic] down Lewiston Hill 200 ft drop. collected[sic] grain - wheat etc. stopped[sic] at Walla W.
That was Jean again. She didn't use capital letters to start any of the sentences and it really was 'rain'.

Today I actually chose some non-solo-piano music to listen to. Perhaps the first in over three weeks. Alan Parsons. An old album (Ammonia Avenue) I listened to back in the early 1980s when I went through something similar.

Have not broken down yet. Perhaps this will be the first day? I did stay fairly calm and. . . .'low' I guess you would call it. That's not the right word. Maybe it is.

I slept fairly okay, although woke up at 2:30 and started wigging out. I took a tiny little dose of ambien and popped almost right back to sleep until a little after 5. Didn't go to Mass because all the school kids were going to be there. I did some chores instead, took a short nap, etc. Went to the UVil as usual.

Had intestinal ailments this afternoon so I didn't do much of anything. Might have been the whipping cream I used in the pancakes this morning (not enough buttermilk and no regular milk). Maybe it had turned? I dunno. Spousal Unit seems to have it now.

I really feel like I've been physically ill for the last 3 weeks. I don't know how this will all work out. I don't like having gone through it. Who am I kidding, I'm not through it yet. It does feel like a turning point though, one which I haven't had in a long time. Perhaps not since 1984. Then, I knew where I was headed. Not, not so much.

Sic transit gloria mundi. 

No comments:

Post a Comment