Sunday, September 4, 2016

4 September 2016 (Sunday)

On this day in 1954 (Saturday):
Dad took me up to the high school this morning at 8:00 when I left for the parade at Ellensburg. went to the rodeo today. Went up and back pn a Greyhound bus. Got back to Yakima about 7:00. Ate at Grandma's and then dad brought me home and I got to bed about 9:00 this evening and listened to the radio for a while. Sure am tired tonight. Got a letter from [Lan] today. Eats $.75. Spent $.75.
Pretty reasonable day today. Slept okay. I woke up at 4 and thought I was awake for good, but I decided to just lie there and pray for mom -- just doing random Hail Marys' and Our Fathers' -- and I think I kept dozing off. Ended up "waking up" at 5 and felt pretty good all day. Watched the F1 race and, as usual, the guy who came out of turn 1 in the lead just stayed that way *yawn*. The NASCAR race is on now, too. Will watch Texas-Notre Dame after that. Yay.

I felt kinda crappy so I didn't go to Mass -- probably drinking too much beer yesterday afternoon cuz I was all excited about the Badgers -- and had to get a mocha instead. We drove up to Deception Pass and had lunch in Anacortes. . .  .at a McD's. We were trying to find a neat little cafe or something but didn't see any and we were starving. Wasn't even very good. Then I missed the turn for Ft. Ebey State Park so we didn't get to go to the beach there (did stop at Penn Cove though) and then tried South Whidbey State Park but their beach access was closed so harrumph.

Stopped at the DQ in Clinton and then got on the ferry and home by about 3:30. Walked. Ordered salads from Pagliacci in.

Mom has a UTI which explains the goofiness and probably the not feeling well. Apparently those are very common in nursing homes. Kinda sad but that's the way it is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment