Friday, September 23, 2016

23 September 2016 (Friday)

Can't say I was any better today. Different perhaps. Back to the basic sadness, I guess, more than the frustration I felt yesterday. My dear cousin Michele posted something on Facebook that hit home:
You either get bitter or you get better. It's that simple. You either take what has been dealt to you and allow it to make you a better person, or you allow it to tear you down.The choice does not belong to fate, it belongs to you. 
Which is what I've tried to do now. It is difficult.

I slept okay, but it required  much assistance, though I had sort of planned that. I woke up at 1:30 and Jack was bugging me, and it kind of irritated me and I feel guilty about that because this morning I found their dry food dish empty and I think he was just hungry. I had given him some treats at some point, either at 1:30 or at 3:30 when I was awake again.

I rode my bike in because it didn't seem like it was raining too bad (it wasn't), so I didn't have to mess with the bus. Had a really good workout. I worked on some Coptic stuff this morning and and also the Prep School presentation, because I had thought I could do it next week, but it will be on Oct. 19 anyway. But I got it done. Will edit it some more in the interim.

Had lunch at McD's and then dropped off some equipment at Cascadia and then met Fiona at NGate. Had a good visit. I think she's worried about me.

I made a steak for dinner. I am getting the hang of it, it was quite good and I almost ate the whole thing. Walked. Will get the Spousal Unit from the airport around 9 tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment