Wednesday, September 14, 2016

14 September 2016 (Wednesday)

Let's face it: it'll be at least a few days before I post diary entries again. Plenty of time, the new one doesn't start until next March anyway. In the meantime, future readers will have to put up with my dark and whiny blatherings. . .

Something I missed from last night since I was so emotionally worked up: Daisy was wandering around the house around 4:45 yesterday meowing -- which she rarely ever does -- so I knew something was going on but I couldn't figure out what. She worked up a hairball down in the basement, and I thought that was the end of it but she kept at it but kept running away when I tied to see what was wrong. So I hid on the steps and watched and she found a spot and squatted down and let loose some nasty diarrhea. Poor thing. Although I wished she'd done it in the litter box, she must have been in some distress. The Spousal Unit gave her some new sample treats yesterday and we think that disagreed with her. That stuff was just naaaaaaaaasty. I started to gag at one point.

Anyway.

I guess today may have been somewhat better. I spent about an hour after going to bed last night (actually out in the TV room) crisising over what to do and eventually kind of came to a few things about me that I desperately need to discard -- which was very, very useful, if kind of trying -- had another crying jag, and then actually got a decent night's sleep with only minimal assistance. Had an epic workout. Spent most of the day at Cascadia which helped keep the emotions in check although I got fairly misty eyed a few times. Broke down when I got home. Had to go to UVil for dinner things and didn't even contemplate going to the SBux.

This is also exhausting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment