Thursday, September 1, 2016

1 September 2016 (Thursday)

On this day in 1954 (Wednesday):
Got to school early this morning. Got all my [uniform] this morning. Also paid my English fee $1.00 and my drawing fee $1.00 and bought my [A.S.A.] $7.50. Got a ride home with Mike after school this evening. After supper this evening I went to the school with Earl [Crauo] $.75. We went to the Liberty. I got home about 11:30 tonight. Spent $10.75.
I certainly won't miss the long entries and squinty writing. . . .

I slept magnificently last night. Woke up a few times but mostly all the way through until 4:40. Felt great. In a great mood (i.e., good and muftig) and had a decent enough workout, too. I stayed here and worked on Coptic stuff all morning although I wasn't all that productive. I did get the non-randomized LEEP patients' data mostly squared away though. I worked right up until noon and then had the Spousal Unit's leftover sandwich for lunch. In reality, I did not spend any money today at all. That's kind of a rarity. I had what is called a London Fog, which is basically a tea latte: tea in hot milk. I've described it before, what I learned in Kenya. The real London Fog around here (at SBux and everywhere else) is actually tea (usually Earl Grey), steamed milk, and vanilla. Mine's close enough.

After lunch I did a little with the Cascadia excavation permit and then drove the food donation up to the church and chatted with Carol for a bit. Apparently, each speed hump costs $1500. She'd gone to the public meeting about the damn things and said they just listen and do what they want anyway, which is what I knew as well.

I was going to go up to NGate but it was a bit late (2) so I just went to UVil thinking I might get something for dinner, but I really wanted some chocolate so I just went to the SBux and got a decaf iced mocha. It was okay. Pleasant little time. Came home, fiddled with guitar, dinner, walk. We beat the rain. Didn't really rain much today but it's supposed to overnight. It's been raining just about everywhere but the central core here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment