Tuesday, August 9, 2016

9 August 2016 (Tuesday)

On this day in 1954 (Monday):
Got up about 9:30 this morning. Eat and got ready to go on a trip to has L.[sic] Left at 12:00 with the Dodge. Gas and oil $5.00. Got there about 5:00. Had supper at the [Mesles] Cafe $1.05. Went out about 7:30 and parked until about 11:00. Bought some more gas $1.00. We ate at a drive-in on the way back to the[sic] home $.55. Got in about 1:30. I went down to my hotel room and turned in. [Room eat me] $2.00. [Capital A in a circle] Sure am worn out. Spent $9.60. 
I'm pretty certain this whole A in a circle thing means he, um, got some. What exactly I shall not speculate upon.

I had an interesting day. Sadly, I backslid a bit on the sleeping at the whole attitude thing. Didn't sleep very well last night and kinda lost my new mood. I did have a pretty decent workout and while doing that I managed to get the mood back again. But it's a bit more difficult to maintain with the usual routine of life. Which I knew it would be, but was hoping it would be easier and take care of itself.

I went downtown but when I got there my computer's plug wasn't working. Hmmm. It had kind of not worked last night but I jiggled it and then it charged. I looked closer and found it had broken and the wires were almost exposed and I couldn't get it to work. Meaning I had until the battery ran out to work. So I called up Apple and thought I could get one at the UVil store, but they couldn't get one for a week! WTF? Ended up ordering it and was going to pick it up at Alderwood. So I left around 11:30 and had lunch in the UDist when I realized the U Bookstore sells Apple junk and so I went there and they had one! So, yay. Took the bus home and spent the next couple of hours working. Dangitall, found a blunder in my code. So I had to fix that, and also do a couple of other things. I worked until about 3:30 and then fiddled with the guitar for a while. I don't know if I've got the moroseless mood back or not. I feel kinda stressed.

The oil tank was emptied and filled with sand today. We are officially off of heating oil. Thank God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment