Monday, August 8, 2016

8 August 2016 (Monday)

On this day in 1954 (Sunday):
Woke up on the boat about 6:30 this morning. Ate on the boat and then went out fishing. Caught myself the biggest fish I have ever caught. It was a nice big [salmon]. We fished until 12:00. We started back at [12:00]. When I got in Yakima I change clothes and took off for [Masin] Lake to play a dance up there. Played up there until 12:30. [Stopped for some eats on the way home.] Got in at 4:15 this morning. Eats $1.50. Spent $1.50. 
Wasn't sure what that one sentence was but that's what it looked like.

I'm listening to a Chris DeBurgh album as I type this because I was awake early this morning and it was running through my head. I know I listened to it this past weekend, but it was odd that it had popped into my sleeping head. Mostly one song, a very sad one about saying goodbye to someone who is going away to be with someone else. It does, however, tie in with my latest mood.

Slept well again last night. No assistance. Had a really good workout, too, Came home and did the usual bagel thang and then went to Cascadia, making a side trip to Assumption to drop off some donations. Also said Hi to Marge who was going in to Mass. I worked until around 11:15 this morning, mostly just piddling on one report. When I left there I hit the Home Depot to see if they had any ideas about prefab support beam covers (no) and then went to the Spam's Club for pasta things and almonds (for the squirrels and the Spousal Unit) and then hit NGate for lunch.

After giving the cats some attention at home, I took the primer back to the hardware store and then went to SBux for a bit. Busy place today. Kind of pleasant. When I got home I decided to rip out the patio railing thing. Didn't take too long, but at least I didn't need the soundtrack from Conan the Barbarian to do it. The support beams really need a new covering because the old ones are rotting out, too. Both of the middle posts were really rotted at the bottom, which is why I took it out in the first place. There are two rebars sticking up where the posts were so I'll need to cover those at least. I may make new covers for the beams and then see if we like it open like that.

Made dinner and then walked. Will probably retrieve the flamingos from Norma's in the morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment