Friday, August 5, 2016

5 August 2016 (Friday)

On this day in 1954 (Thursday):
Went to work at the church with dad until noon this morning. Bought myself a couple pair of dress slaks[sic] which were on sale today $10.00. This afternoon I painted on the house. After supper I got cleaned up and I played a dance at the Y.M.C.A. Took the Dodge tonight. Had some eats on the way home $.15. Got home about 1:00 this morning. Spent $10.15.
Well, I slept unassisted all night and the first day of TLOMTB went well. Very well as a matter of fact. Much different outlook on things. Will not describe here.

Had a really good workout, although before I rode down I collected the flamingos and put them back in Norma's yard. Rode back, had bagel, and then left for Cascadia. I spent all morning there, getting some things filed away and archived and such. Apparently, we haven't gotten our checks yet because clients haven't been paying. Not that I had a lot, but that's a little unusual. What else. Started on the one report. Left there about 11:30.

We went out for lunch and then the Spousal Unit went and tried to retrieve Norma's screened part of her door and, as usual, had to get me to help (she does that; nearly every project she starts I end up helping with). May have bent it getting it out though, which didn't become apparent until we tried to put it back in. Not that bad though. I had tried sitting out in the sun reading for a while before that. We also pruned back the neighbor's bush that had grown over the fence and was hitting her house. I think she felt bad that she had to have us do it, and the neighbor lady said she'd offered twice to do it, but Norma had said no. We kind of just went ahead and did it. She's having a hard time with not being totally independent, I think.

Did that and then came back in and piddled around, did some chores, and then made dinner. Mostly leftovers. Went to NGate and looked for shorts -- $8! -- and got a college football magazine.

So, really a good new day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment