Thursday, August 4, 2016

4 August 2016 (Thursday)

On this day in 1954 (Wednesday):
Got up about the usual time this morning and went and mowed the lawn. Drove out to [Myouhrs] with Lee Roy this morning. After dinner started painting on the house again. Also did some painting after supper. Read the paper for a while and then got to bed early. Sure turned cold tonight but was not bad today. 
I am embarking on something very difficult, probably the most difficult thing I've ever done. I won't really say what it is, but it largely goes against my nature for the last, oh, 50 years. Mark that today. For future reference the initials are TLOMTB.

I did, in fact, almost go dry last night. I had a tiny fraction of an ambien, and slept pretty okay, but again woke up around 3:45. So, tired again today, but it's worth it. Had a decent workout this morning and the stretching seems to be helping my knee. I came back and worked intermittently on my Coptic stuff all morning, adding up to about 2.5 hours. I went through the non-LEEP people and got all of their diagnoses for each period caught up. And did some marking in the data table so I know which ones have which periods missing. Was tough being tired, but I got through it.

I went to McD's for lunch and then messaged Fiona and we decided to meet up at NGate at 1:45. I sat out in the sun for about 40 minutes beforehand. Nice chatting with her. I'd broken yet another string on my workout shorts so I was two down this week. I decided NGate would be a good place to meet because I wanted to check in Penney's for new ones (no luck) and then she made me walk down to the Old Navy to look at theirs. There are some that would suffice but they're nylon and I'm not sure I want those. At any rate, I came back home and did my photo log and then piddled around with dinner. I made a couple of decent steaks, but nothing special. We went to UVil for a walk to get Alka-Seltzer (need that on hand in case of middle-of-the-night heart burn or whatever). Then back. I did some guitaring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment